The Inca Trail has always been a wonder, part of a network of 30.000 km. of trails going from Mendoza in Argentina to the border between Ecuador and Colombia, and an essential piece of the road system of the Inca’s Empire. Vibrant with some of the most incredible nature you could encounter on a trek due to the subtropical forest situation, full of valleys, snow-capped mountains and an amazing variety of plants, birds and animals, crossing archaeological sites and traditional living culture of the Sacred Valley of the Incas, while using its cautiously preserved stairs and tunnels and ending at the legendary Machu Picchu.
Hiking the Inca Trail with will be one of those experiences that you will remember forever as this is quite the essential Peruvian travel adventure, a perfect mix of cosmopolitan and traditional Andean life. For this Machu Picchu Hiking Tour you could immerse yourself in that gigantic and preserved Inca culture listening to the locals proudly defending their traditions while learning one or two Quechua words on the way, plunge in those fantastic sceneries true living paintings of Mother Nature and redefine the way you are travelling while everything else is taken care of.
Like every ITEP Eco Travel tour, the Inca Trail Tour to Machu Picchu is a journey tailored by travelling specialists so you can enjoy every minute without wasting any money.
Cusco – Chachabamba – Wiñayhuayna – Machu Picchu
We pick you up from your hotel with our bus at 5:40am (depending on the train time) and take you to the train station. Once on board you are in for on a very picturesque route for two and a half hours until we reach kilometer 104 – Chachabamba, the start of your unforgettable adventure: hiking to Machu Picchu. From here, we have a walk of approximately 4 hours up to the Inca site of WiñayWayna (‘Forever Young’) (2680m/8792ft), the most impressive site on the whole Inca Trail.
Inca Trail to Wiñay Huayna
We then continue our Inca Trail tour on to Inti Punku (‘Sun gate’) (2730m/8792ft) from where you have your first view over the majestic Machu Picchu (2400m/7873ft). We walk down the last part of the trail towards the ancient city itself. Before reaching Machu Picchu, we have a short rest and then descend to Aguas Calientes or Machupicchu Pueblo by tourist bus. We arrive at around 4:30pm, which gives you plenty of time to enjoy that colorful city once you have left all you things at your hotel.
Meals: Lunch – Tea Time – Dinner.
Excursion at Machu Picchu
After a rich and tasty breakfast we take the bus at approximately 6am up to Macchu Picchu so we can enjoy the beautiful sun rise. A hiking tour of around 2 hours is given by your tour guide, after which you can explore the mysterious city all by yourselves. When you feel you are full with the mystical vibes of that legendary place we return to Aguas Calientes to catch the train back to Ollantaytambo followed by a bus to Cusco. You should back to your hotel at 10:30pm. And here ends your Machu Picchu hiking adventure.
Optional: If you would like to spend an extra day in Machupicchu, please let us know so we can change the date on your return train ticket to Cusco. Inka Trail Expeditions Perú can provide a guide and hotel for the extra day at an additional cost. Please be aware that you will have to pay for a second day entrance ticket to the Machupicchu Inca City.
- Transfers In / Out
- Train tickets to Km. 104/Chachabamba (where we start walking)
- Professional bilingual tour guide
- Assistant tour guide (for groups of 9 or more people)
- Entrance fee to Inca Trail and Machu Picchu
- Bus tickets to Machupicchu Inca City and to Machupicchu town
- 1 breakfast, 1 lunch, 1 afternoon snack, 1 dinner and various snacks to be eaten throughout the day; the first breakfast and every meals after the breakfast on day 2 are not included
- First aid kit
- 1 oxygen tank
- 1 night in a touristic hotel in Aguas Calientes
- Expedition train ticket from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo
- Transfer from Ollantaytambo train station to your hotel in Cusco
- First breakfast before the transfer on the first day – lunch at the last day at Aguas Calientes.
- Extra porter for personal items.
- Tips are not included but it is optional
- Walking sticks (15 $ for a pair of sticks).
- Extra porter for personal items (80$ for 7 Kilos).
- Upgrade to Single room in Aguas Calientes and single tents (45$).
- Upgrade to Vistadome train (50$ ).
- Entrance ticket to Huayna Picchu (75$) – There is only a limited space at Huayna Picchu (400 persons per day), so it is a good idea to book in advance.
- We can help you to book hotels (standard and luxury) in whole Peru.
- Hotels in Cusco: no matter what the standard you would like (Standard, Economy, First Class, or Luxury) you should ask us to book your room as we know all the different rates for every hotel in Cusco and might secure you a pretty sweet deal.
For availability of spaces for this service, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org and we`ll send you detailed information, prices, terms and conditions.
Please keep in mind that significant price reductions are available for groups. All our tours are fully guaranteed, departure every day. Contact us for more information for the tour that you are choosing, or to begin customizing your own itinerary.